Friday, April 18, 2008

Did I hear an echo?

This recent post from Shakesville is nifty-similar to some of the stuff I wrote about in my post explaining this blog's name. Especially:

"But movies about women are not about gems, plural; they are about diamonds in the rough. Diamonds who would never actually wear a diamond, because, eww, icky, stupid, that's what girly girls do.

It's because of that sort of messaging that there was a time I never would have worn pink shoes, no less blogged about them. I wanted to be one of the women who didn't care about being a woman, because those women aren't worth talking about. Their stories suck.

Suffice it to say, I've changed my mind."


Yes. This is where I was, and where I am and am heading now. Of course, Melissa said it about a trillion times better than I did. ^_^

No comments: